A number of you have requested more information concerning the New House Bill #3320 and Senate Bill #1209, “The ROE Act”, which has been proposed by both the State Senate and House membership. There are 5 easily identifiable major issues that should be noted. If passed, the law:
- Allows abortion on demand in our Commonwealth for all nine months of pregnancy;
- Removes any requirement that even late term abortions be performed in hospitals;
- Removes any need for a young girl to obtain any consent whatsoever before undergoing an abortion procedure;
- Removes any requirement that efforts be made to save a living baby who survives the abortion procedure; and
- Funds these types of abortions through the “Healthy Start” program even for women who do not qualify for MassHealth.
Therefore I am encouraging parishioners to contact your State Representatives (by email, letter or phone) to discourage support for this bill.
Following is a simple guide to assist you in finding the name and contact information for your State Senator and State Representative;
Go to malegislature.gov in the search bar. At the top of the page, there is a white strip with dark blue lettering. Click on the “Legislators” tab. A “drop down” menu will appear. To find the name of your State Senator and/or State representative, scroll down to the “Find Your Legislators” link under the left-hand section entitled “Legislators”. (You can also use the direct link https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator) Enter your address and click on Search button. The name and contact information for your State Senator and State Representative will appear.
You can also call: Main State House Phone number at (617)722-2000
or mail: State House, Boston, MA 02133
Vote No on H3320 & S1209
“Act to Remove Obstacles and Expand Abortion"