LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD -- AGAIN!
Say NO to Expanded Abortion Access
Thank you to everyone who has already contacted State Senators and Representative expressing opposition to the proposed laws that would dramatically expand abortion rights in Massachusetts. Now, as the state legislative enters its final six months of the session, it is time to speak out again.
The two bills under consideration (H. 3320 and S. 1209) would:
- Expand abortion access, including late term abortions, during the nine months of pregnancy for virtually any reason.
- Eliminate any requirements that abortions be performed in a hospital.
- Eliminate the requirement that provides medical are to a child who survives an abortion attempt.
- Eliminate the requirement that a minor under the age of 18 have the consent of a parent, guardian, or the courts.
- Expand state funding for women who cannot afford the procedure.
To be clear - these bills would significantly change Massachusetts law. This is not about Roe v. Wade.
How can you help?
Contact your legislators, let them know you are a Massachusetts voter, and say NO on Abortion Expansion! Log on to www.macatholic.org and follow the links to find contact information for:
- Your individual State Senator and Representative via address and zip code link.
- Members of the Joint Committee on Judiciary who will control the fate of H.3320 and S.1209.
For individuals without internet access, please call the Massachusetts Catholic Conference at 617-746-5630 for legislative contact information.
"We, the Roman Catholic Bishops of the four Dioceses of Massachusetts, call on our elected officials to carefully consider the consequences that these bills would bring to the lives of infants, parents, families, and the citizens of the Commonwealth. We urge all people of good will, regardless of what faith they practice, to vigorously oppose these extreme measures."
-- Statement of His Eminence Seán P. O'Malley, OFM, Cap., Archbishop of Boston; Most Reverend Robert J. McManus, Bishop of Worcester; Most Reverend Mitchell T. Rozanski, Bishop of Springfield; Most Reverend Edgar M. da Cunha, SDV, Bishop of Fall River
April 11, 2019
A PDF version of this page is available for download here.